Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Barbecue Chicken Salad

Today was a hot one, and my husband had his first night of school so I decided to make a nice hearty salad for dinner.  This one is so easy.  I tend to buy a cooked rotisserie chicken for this recipe when it is on sale.

1 bag of hearts of romaine
Pulled chicken for two
1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I love Sweet Baby Rays for this)
1 cup cooked corn
1 cup of black beans (drained)
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 of a red onion diced
Low fat ranch dressing

Toss barbecue sauce and chicken together. Place in bowl all ingredients except chicken, toss all ingredients together.  Divide ingredients by 2 and put on a plate or in a bowl, and top each plate with chicken. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Although this recipes sounds fab, that is not the purpose of my comment. When did Pat go back to school? I am clearly WAY BEHIND!

    ReplyDelete